Investing in the future of NewSpace.
Hacking for Space (H4S) is a course designed to provide students enrolled in affiliate New York Universities with the opportunity to learn how to work with NASA, NOAA, the Department of Defense and the intelligence community to better address the nation’s emerging threats and security challenges in space. Unlike current practices in government, which can stall and in some cases thwart rapid innovation, this for-credit course will provide a platform that can develop minimum viable products (MVPs) and prototypes that match users’ needs in just weeks. Further refinement and prototyping support may be provided to students through government agencies, the Department of Defense, intelligence community, or investors.
Using the Lean LaunchPad Methodology, the class focuses teams to:
- Understand the problems and needs of government customers
- Rapidly iterate technology solutions while searching for a product-market fit
- Understand all the stakeholders, deployment issues, costs, resources, and ultimate mission value
- Deliver minimum viable products that match customer needs in an extremely short time
- Produce a repeatable model that can be used to launch other potential technology solutions
Join us to receive updates about this program and more.